“What Is An Enlightened Bro Traveller?”
It’s strange that words, have different meanings to different people? Your idea of happiness might not be the same as mine. Vice versa. So we’re all on the same page, let me breakdown what Enlightened Bro Traveller means to me:
- Having or showing rational, modern, and well-informed views.
- Spiritually aware.
Examples include: The Budda, Travis Elliot, Eckhart Tolle, Alan Watts, Terrance Mckenna
- A positive, lovable, alpha-male idiot. (Can be female)
- A person who indulges behaviour that is kind of juvenile, but enjoyable. And in the end harmless .
E.g. Partying with your pals, High-fiving, Pumping iron, Bungee jumping, Cracking retarded jokes, Unnecessarily “Ballin’ like a G”.
Examples include: Joe Rogan, Drake, Neil Patrick Harris, Channing Tatum, Brendan Schaube
- A person who is travelling or who often travels.
- A person who is open-minded to differing values and leads a wandering, unconventional lifestyle.
Examples include: Mark Twain, Michael Palin, Ray Mears, Rolf Pott, Ernest Shackleton
“OK…But What EXACTLY Is This Blog All About?”
Welcome all, to the Yin-Yang of Travel blogs.
What I like about the Yin-Yang symbol (apart from it looking pretty damn cool) is how it shows two very different pieces actually uniting and forming one, whole piece. Also each half contains a tiny part of the other within itself.
“Pretty deep bro, but so what?”
If you’re here we probably share travelling as a passion right? But…Do you like martial arts? Or partying hard into the early hours of the morning? Or, what about, photography? How about staring up at a starry night sky?
Well I like all of the above and more!
My goal in starting this light-hearted blog is to share my ‘wicked cool’ stories, practical advice, colourful photography and unusual adventures with you beautiful souls reading. It doubles as a chronicle (read: questionably written record) of my travels around the world.
That’s only half the story though…
At the same time, I want to show you Bro’s why travelling is perfect to indulge all your weird and wonderful interests, no matter how different they may seem. And more importantly, how to gain a few more.
“ At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is who had the most fun”
– Infinite waters
If that’s not enough mustard for you, I also want to show you why travel is amazing at enriching and “levelling up” all the coolest parts of what make you…. well you. Helping to shed away what’s not serving you and to start living in alignment with your core values.
“So What Kind Of Funky Stuff Are You Into?”
Here are some personal examples of things I’ve tried or Would like to try:
- Bungee jumping, Ski diving, Black water rafting, Urban exploring.
- Muay Thai, Submission grappling, “Off the beaten path” martial arts, Watching professional fights live.
- Finding unusual/cool bars, Cocktails, Clubbing/raving, Live jazz music, Festivals (not just music ones), Dropping serious heat on the dance floor.
- Hiking trails, Wild camping, Seeing wildlife (in its natural habitat), Bush-craft.
Nurturing inner peace
- Meditation, Yoga, Traditional Cultural ceremonies, Floatation tanks
- Star gazing, Visiting space observatories, Visiting museums, Visiting ancient historical sites.
- I personally like landscape, low light (night), abstract and street photography. (See some examples?)
If you to enjoy any of the awesomeness above, and would like to see a detailed list of all the things I have, and am hoping, to try on my travels… Click below.